Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Opportunities for Pharmacy Students


Due to my work profile, I have visited many Pharmacy Campuses and delivered lectures on Career Prospects in Pharma domain. Being having a background of Sales & HR, my focus generally remains on Sales & Marketing. Many science students after +2 take admission in D. Pharma or B. Pharma as per their requirements. While talking to a few students, I have observed that most of the students are not clear about their future careers options in Pharmaceutical Industry and many took admission under the influence of their friends, family members, previous batch mates, neighbours etc. On the similar lines they think & decide about their careers based on the discussion with senior batch mates, teachers, industrial visits, out of lectures of visiting industry faculties etc. Here I have created a broader chart with various options, Pharmacy students can think & decide for their career.


Here I advise you to give due deliberations for yourself in view of your Interests areas, Long Terms Career Aspirations, home & family perspective for the following questions & reach on a clear decision:-

1.    Whether I should study further?
2.    Should I prepare for government job / exams? Or 
3.  Should I start my career after my basic Pharma Education whether it’s D.Pharma or B.Pharma?

Now, whatever is your decision stick to it. Never take any Full Time Job mentioned in above chart under career options as a time pass or part time job for side by side preparation of something else. It will be difficult to do justice with your job & education. As it is rightly said that “Do Not Sail in Two Boats”.

In case you are not able to arrive at a decision or wish to know more about the options mentioned under careers particularly for Sales & Marketing please feel free to contact me thru e-mail for help.


Amit Bhatia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Introduction & Purpose-The Pharma Sales Professionals.

The Pharma Sales Professionals - Blog Introduction & Purpose. First Thing First- Let me introduce my-self. My name is Amit Bhatia ...

Popular Posts